Monday, November 7, 2016

Research Process

So far, the research process has been a bit overwhelming. There is just so much information out there that is related to my topic in some form or another, so it becomes hard to sort through it all and really stay true to one specific focus. I know that I am going to have to decide to cut some sources that do not truly fit my specific focus, and this is something that will be difficult for me. Additionally, I have found the sheer volume of some of the works to be a bit much. For example, my book that I took out from the library has relevant information, but I am not sure that I can truly read hundreds of pages in the limited time that we have. As a result, I am fearful of missing out on information that would be useful in my paper. All of this is both a blessing and a curse. Despite the negatives that I have mentioned, they all stem from the presence of a large quantity of information. As a result, I think that if I can figure out away to better organize the information that I find, it will not be too hard to accumulate relevant sources. This gives me confidence in the topic that I chose, but there is still more work to do in the research process.

No comments:

Post a Comment