Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Research Process Evaluation

The research process overall has been quite enjoyable for me. My paper topic pertains to religion and human emotion. In order to fully understand the relationship between the two I plan to look at religion's role in human life through various time periods in history and how religion plays a role in human happiness and fulfillment. When I began looking through the New Humanities Reader, I was surprised to see how many of the essays in it actually were quite related to my subject matter. I found that actually reading the articles in the New Humanities Reader was quite enriching and provided arguments and viewpoints that were formative in my ideation process. The online research seminar we had one week ago was also quite helpful because it provided me with a look at the online resources and databases Rutgers has to offer. Before I began looking through the online databases, I expected few scholarly, peer-reviewed in the specific topics I was researching, but I found a wealth of publications that extended far beyond the scope of my paper. Understanding that there were so many resources out there to enrich my paper was quite welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment