Monday, November 7, 2016

Research Process

The most surprising part of the research process so far is how little information there is out there on how economics has affected culture, yet there is a slew of sources on how culture is used to improve economics decision making. This has led to me spending a lot of time simply finding sources that are relevant to my research question. I already have the plan for my paper laid out; I just need to find a sufficient number of sources for my paper so I can move on and make an outline. I have tried using many different keyword combinations and databases, yet I still see the same pattern wherever I search. I am currently looking for different ways to research. Right now, I am looking at the references of papers that are slightly related to my research question in order to find sources that are related. I am having a little success with this method. I am worried that, after I start writing my paper, I will have to find sources to fill holes in my arguments, and I will have to go through the research process again where I will likely experience the same problems I have currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment