Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Response to Peer Editing

Response to Peer Editing

The peer reviewing exercise not only provided criticisms of my own paper, but also broadened my perspective of the two texts. By receiving edits on my own paper, I was able to reflect on my errors and correct what I wasn't able to spot before. This was vital to the improvement of the essay, as it is often difficult to spot one's own errors. When I read the constructive criticism of 2 individuals, I was able to add depth to my paper, remove excess, and spot even more errors that went unnoticed before.

I also learned about ideas that my peers were able to extract from the two passages we were analyzing. While I was not pulling directly from their papers, their unique insights opened my eyes to elements of the essays that I did not interpret beforehand. I was able to use these revelations in relation to my own arguments in order to add depth to my paper. Seeing as the peer review process was so helpful, I will definitely use this process in future papers that I write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment