Monday, September 19, 2016

peer review


My experience with peer review was overall positive. After finishing my paper, the message of it to the writer, me, is very clear and subjective because I knew exactly what I mean to say. Even proofreading, a writer has the tendency to not notice certain errors or awkward phrasing because in his or her head is already the idea of what its supposed to sound like, so it is a biased reading. With peer review, it allows someone who is in a more objective position to read and review the paper, so awkward phrasing and grammar error stand out more. In this way, it was helpful. It helped me see some flaws I would not have otherwise noticed as well as offered a varied perspective. Looking at the paper from only your own perspective can shuts you out from all the other opinions and views people have to offer who might have interpreted the text in a different way. By doing this, I could change certain phrasing and ideas in order to make it more universal, or add a new paragraph or two to address a point I otherwise would never have thought of. Having a second opinion will get you thinking about expanding your own ideas and makes for a more elaborate and well rounded paper overall. Peer review was helpful by introducing a couple other perspectives that can notice imperfections I tend to look over and offering a second opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment