Monday, September 19, 2016

Reaction to Grading

I thought the differences between my grades of the sample papers were not always easy to see, but almost like my reaction to them, more intuitive than thought out. When i read them, I almost decided what grade the essay should receive based on how well I understood the argument presented, how well the paper stayed on task and how well the quotes were analyzed than anything else. it was almost an extension to how much attention the essay held to me throughout and how well I felt it was written, based off my reactions to all the books I`ve read in my life.

The grades seem to be based mostly on how the quotes of the essay (how well quotes are integrated into the essays, analysis of the quotes, how well the quotes were chosen and connected to the topic of the paragraph) as well as connecting messages in the texts as opposed to the style of the writing and how well the thoughts are presented.

The second paper receiving a "C" surprised me, although when I read through the annotated version, I did agree by the end of the essay; I thought it at least a "C+" or "B-". The other essays I was very close on grading-wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment