Sunday, September 18, 2016

Peer Edit Reaction

Peer review sessions often help to strengthen my essays. There are a lot of times where having others edit my essays finds many little mistakes I make and any sentences that seem fine to me because I know what I want to say, but make absolutely no sense when others read them. In addition, they also help me to adjust my style of writing so it is easier to understand for others, since I tend to write with lots of run-on sentences and extensions, since that`s the way I think (point and case). I also have trouble with restating the same point sometimes in different ways when its not necessary. Also, I like having several different friends who all have different ideas on how to write read and edit my essay so the view points the writing is viewed from changes and gives me a better over-all perspective of the piece.

For this piece in particular, I was give a new point to argue to support my thesis I had not thought about before, since it was looking at the thesis from an angle I never thought to explore. In addition, there were several analysis's I thought were good and complete, covering everything I needed to with them, but there were parts of them that were redundant and unnecessary. When I was reading through others papers, I was also given new ideas on how to argue points in my essay, whether from how a point was made, the way it was argued, or the point itself. I also read several analysis`s where the message generated from the text was completely different from what I got from it, because of how differently I broke that part of the passage up in mind and analyzed it. I think adding these arguments to my essay will help me avoid redundancy since now I have more ways to argue my point, and more variation in the essay, keeping it from getting stale.

No comments:

Post a Comment