Monday, September 19, 2016

Reaction to Peer Review


The peer review process definitely helped me single in on how my essay needs to look when it is finished. I got to see how to make some aspects of my essay better by viewing others' papers, but I also got to see what I should avoid doing. Even though the papers we reviewed were rough drafts I could see that my 'rough' draft was developed anywhere near enough, lacking coherent topics in many of the paragraphs. Coherency and focus is definitely something that the peer review taught me to be more considerate of in my writing. Having someone annotate my paper was also very helpful because that way I was able to see exactly what needs improvement. For example, I had a lot of summary that disguised as analysis that I probably wouldn't have noticed unless someone had pointed out specifically where it appeared in the text. That also translates to which quotations are necessary and which aren't, as another person can give a better overhead view of my essay and was able to see what was unnecessary to the thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment