Friday, December 9, 2016

Reflection

At the start of the research process, I knew I wanted to focus on Feminism and Technology, but within that there are so many different topics of interest and connections between the two. The more research I did, the more I came across a clear and concise topic to approach within my paper. Additionally, I was fairly confused on how to narrow down my sources and the information within them.There was so much interesting information contained within the pieces that I wanted to touch upon and draw conclusions from, but I did not know how to organize it. As I wrote the research proposal and my initial two drafts, slowly, buy surely, was I able to develop a clear thesis and learn how to organize six sources worth of information in a way that was more so analytical than summary-based.  

Since my first essay, and the beginning of the course, I feel as though my analytical skills, reading, writing, and thinking-wise, have improved significantly. With every essay read and assignment completed, I learned more about how to create organic ideas rather than pull from those of others. In that way, I have improved a lot as a result of Expos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment