Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Reflection

At the beginning of the year, reading the passages we were assigned and connecting them was much more of a challenge to me than it is now. I was not able to analyze and draw connections between texts as well as I could later on in the year. As time went on it became easier for me to explain unrelated concepts and connect them to each other while upholding an overall argument. I feel like my writing has improved as it has gotten more insightful and flows easier in terms of comprehensibility. When I started out, I would look at the texts at a very surface level and try to connect at the very basic level, while by the end I could connect several passages to a completely external text and draw connections between everything in a cohesive manner. Personally, I also feel as though I have improved in terms of transitions and syntax. Using wording and phrases to make my thoughts more clear has been something I've worked to improve on. Also, moving from one thought to another while still upholding and supporting the thesis was a skill I have had to work on and I feel as though I have developed and improved in this sense. I have learned to proofread my papers more carefully to make sure the overall message is cohesive. From reading one of the first papers I read to my final one I think the progression in skill in terms of writing is fairly evident. This class has definitely contributed to my development as a writer as well as reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment