Thursday, December 8, 2016

Reflection

Over the course of the semester, the thing that has changed most for me is the way I think. At the beginning, I used to think about the general topics of works as a whole, and use this summation type of view to form an argument. Then, I would go back and look for specific evidence that supported by argument. This was a top-down style of thinking. However, I now use more of a bottom-up style of thinking. I look at the evidence on a more specific level before formulating my argument in accordance with the specific evidence. This shows through in my project, as well. At first, my topic was just two very broad topics which I had interest in: music and technology. However, as my research began to take shape, I narrowed down my topic based on the scholarly discussions taking place. Additionally, on a more general note, I think I approach assignments with a more open mind now. This may stem from my willingness to acknowledge the evidence. At the beginning, I wrote with a rather harsh bias, but now I tend to acknowledge both sides of issues. This is a skill that is very applicable to the real world, because it is important to try and empathize with both positions on an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment