Monday, December 5, 2016

Exposition and Argument Reflection

At the beginning of the year I was an extremely poor writer, still could be, but I feel as if I've improved a bit. Before this class I could not analyze a quote to save my life, but now analysis is much easier for me. Also, I feel as if I am able to make distinctions between two points in a more clear manner than I was capable of before. The majority of these improvements most likely came from the amount of writing and tutoring that I attended. Without the extra support from a tutor I would be completely lost in this class. Furthermore, I believe my reading comprehension has improved and my close-reading skills have become more efficient. At the beginning of the year I had to spend hours close reading the text, it now takes me about half the time to read that it did before (still takes a couple hours though). My view on writing has changed as well. At the beginning of the year I felt I would never be any good at it, and that for me, writing would be a waste of time. However, after practicing I noticed how my skills improved and realized being a decent writer is an important thing in everyday life, especially since I am a business major. I will have to be good at delivering speeches and sending well written emails or proposals depending on which route I choose. Overall, I feel this class has had a positive impact on my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment