Thursday, December 8, 2016

Reflection

This semester has taught me much about my skills as a writer and has brought to my attention several areas in my reading and writing that could certainly improve. When I came into this class, I didn't really come into the class with an intention to improve my writing- I simply wanted the semester to be over with. Over time, however I learned that I needed to have an open mind if I was to improve my writing, which I realized was not perfect after receiving my first paper back and reading through it myself. I always thought that my papers sounded "good" but when it came to substance, I realized that I often wrote in a way that often did not follow the rubric and was often unorganized. Activities like the reverse outline definitely helped me see exactly what I was writing and where I had to make revisions for the sake of clarity, length, or fluidity. Throughout the semester I have also learned the important of reading through and annotating all the sources in order to more easily implement them into my paper. I also feel that when I read, I try to look for connections between texts that I can perhaps discuss further in my papers. Looking at my evolution as a writer throughout the semester, I can say with confidence that I am a better writer now, more organized and clear, than I was at the beginning of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment