Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Reflection

Looking back over past blog posts and my previous essays, I can see a difference in the way I constructed arguments within the paper and in the overall structure of the paper itself. As the semester continued, I started making more complex arguments by connecting different points within the essay more effectively, especially by allowing the argument to developed as the paper progressed in a more natural order, instead of waiting until the end of the paper to draw everything together. Also, I learned to introduce a counter argument to add more depth to the paper and explore the topic discussed further. Furthermore, I started integrating quotes into sentences to make the sentence about the quote, instead of the 'intro, lead in, quote, analyze' format of papers that I learned in high school. This also allowed the paper to flow better and to connect different aspects of my argument together in a format that is easier for a reader to follow, as well as increasing the analysis of the quote. In addition, the integration of the quotes into the sentence made my later papers sound more  like a discussion instead of  separate analysis`s. Finally, the biggest aspect of writing I learned was a better to organize my papers, both within a paragraph as well as the organization of the paragraphs as a whole, which adds depth to the argument and allows the topics to be more intricate without being confusing to a reader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment